Senior Procurement Officer - Technical
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grand Prix’s for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
We are currently seeking a ‘Senior Procurement Officer-Technical’ who will represent our procurement team with the provision of robust and dependable senior procurement expertise to the business. Reporting to the F1 Procurement Manager, you will provide a senior presence to junior members, supporting and motivating the team to achieve departmental and individual performance metrics. You will also enhance procurement awareness within various business departments to ensure that procurement is achieving value for money as well as promoting and implementing high professional standards across the team and wider business.
• The role:
The role will include discussing, planning and organising the procurement teams work schedule with the Procurement Manager.
• You will ensure that all aspects of transactional procurement of goods and services are met in terms of optimised cost, delivered to the end user on time and to the required quality standard.
• As Senior Procurement Officer you will also lead and motivate team to achieve departmental measures of performance, support the Procurement Manager with continuous improvement and delivery of strategy and best practice as well as negotiating contracts with suppliers that are to the best advantage of Williams.
• There will be a large amount of liaising with budget holders to ensure that stakeholder requirements are fully understood to facilitate more effective procurement activity and where appropriate advise budget holders of the likely outcomes of negotiations and possible alternative strategies that may achieve budgetary targets or other outcomes desired by the budget holder. This is a technical procurement role, so a strong understanding of technical drawings and manufacturing processes is a requirement.
Education and experience:
• At least 3 years proven previous procurement experience working within a fast-changing engineering or manufacturing environment. F1 or automotive procurement experience is desirable.
• Procurement experience of Raw Materials and Subcontract Part Manufacture is a requirement.
• Good problem solving and team working skills with ability to work under own initiative.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential.
• CIPS level 5 advanced diploma or MCIPS qualified desirable.
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. Aside from the benefits which can be found at the bottom of this job description, we can also offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors and we also have a subsidised restaurant on site.
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 26th October 2020
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW