Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960's.
We are looking to recruit a Materials Engineer with either Metallic or Composite bias to support the Head of Department with regards to materials development and to act as a point of reference for Vehicle Design.
You will be focused to provide guidance for the organisation and less experienced staff with the ability to work with key stakeholders to ensure all material requirements are captured. This varied role will include but not be limited to -
• Delivery of specific materials projects assigned along with the Head of Department
• Monitoring the latest trends in material and processes
• Perform failure analysis and recommend revisions or containment to prevent re-occurrence
• Ownership and authority to create, carry out and report on material testing programs
• Develop and maintain departmental documentation
• Involvement with key suppliers
• Generate and support Research and Development projects
• Support the wider organisation; Manufacturing, Quality, Prototype and Test, Trackside etc.
• Ownership of key aspects of the Vehicle Design Vision
• Deputise for Head of Department; if requested and reporting back to peers and project groups (Annual Leave Cover, Senior Leadership Meetings, Design Reviews etc.)
• Materials Engineer or Scientist with recognised knowledge in materials and associated development
• Well organised with the ability to clearly prioritise tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines
• 2-6 years of relevant experience in their area of expertise
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date:
All applications must be received by 16th August 2020
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website www.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW