CFD OpenFOAM Developer
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level motorsport since the 1960s.
Our CFD methodology and tools are integral to the aerodynamic development of the car and we strive to make continuous improvements in our CFD capability. We are therefore excited to be able to offer an opportunity for an OpenFOAM developer to join the CFD team. The role will focus on the development of our OpenFOAM methodologies and workflow which should appeal to those with practical OpenFOAM experience.
Key operational duties:
• Work closely with the senior CFD engineers and aerodynamicists to develop OpenFOAM methods, processes and workflows.
• Develop and implement mesh, solver and post-processing methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our CFD tools and workflow.
• Support and optimise CFD tools including monitoring and resolving issues.
• Ensure that CFD simulations and analysis carried out within the department are aligned with the capability of the tools.
• Excellent team player and able to work effectively with other groups.
• Practical experience in OpenFOAM development and/or in C++ language development in a CFD environment.
• Proven ability to work at a fast pace and to react rapidly to new information.
• F1 experience would be advantageous but not essential.
• Experience of Python, C++, and Unix shell scripting would be advantageous
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. We offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors. We also have a subsidised restaurant on site. Please scroll down the page to review our benefits suite below.
Application closing date: All applications must be received by 4th December 2020
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
Strictly no agencies.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW