Model Technician - 18 Month FTC
Williams is one of the world’s leading Formula 1 teams. It exists purely to race in the top echelon of motor racing, where it has been winning Grands Prix for more than three decades. The Williams name has been synonymous with top-level Motorsport since the 1960s.
We are currently recruiting for a capable and proficient Model Technician to join our Aerodynamics Department.
Please note this is a 18 month fixed-term-contract.
The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience of model-making in a high level motorsport environment, have a good attention to detail, work calmly and accurately under pressure, work positively and enthusiastically in a small team and have a flexible attitude to helping fulfil the requirements of the department.
The role will primarily be focussed on working with our model shop and wind tunnel areas and will include fitting detailed components, preparing / organising session projects and carrying out several levels of model inspection.
Key operational duties:
• Ensure wind tunnel projects are manufactured to a high standard and to tight deadlines
• Building large complex mechanical assemblies for the wind tunnel model
• Deal with technical challenges as they arise and know when to ask if unsure
• Manage workload and meet targets set
• Work with the design team to improve the efficiency and quality of the wind tunnel model as it develops
• Maintaining consistent high standards
• Diagnose and solve problems as they arise
• Assisting within other areas of the department as required
• Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
• Up to date experience of wind tunnel model part preparation
• Up to date experience of wind tunnel models and testing
• Good mechanical understanding of current wind tunnel models
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• A methodical and thorough approach to your work
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
• Possess good IT skills
• Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
• Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
• A willingness to work extra hours as required
What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in Grove, Oxfordshire. Aside from the benefits which can be found at the bottom of this job description, We can also offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a short 5 minutes’ from Wantage, our closest town centre. We have an on-site gym which is free to use for all staff and contractors and we also have a subsidised restaurant on site.
All applications must be received by 15th May 2021.
The Williams Group is an equal opportunity employer who value diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability we would be happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the job with you.
Please Note: Due to the Volume of applications we receive on a daily basis we cannot guarantee your application will be acknowledged or considered unless you have applied directly via our website group.williamsf1.com/careers.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIESAPPLY NOW